- Utilities are used to manipulate or analyse data, either during runtime or in the post-processing phase.
- Utilities are kept in utils/.
- Avoid editing the contents of the program/ directory; almost all modifications can be made via a utility, rather than altering the core code.
- Some of the utilities are non-specific to pipe flow, e.g. code for the GMRES algorithm.
To build, in Makefile, set UTIL = utilname (omitting the .f90 extension), then type
> make > make install > make util > mv utilname.out ...
The penultimate command creates utilname.out.
Record of parameters
- main.info is created in the install/ directory at compile time by 'make install'. Keep a copy of this file along side your executables.
- ic.f90 - Pre/Post-processing template.
- prim2matlab.f90 - extract data and write in a netcdf format for easy loading into Matlab or VisIt.
- describe_state.f90 - check time/parameters; see also main.info.
- changeMp.f90 - change i_Mp value in a state file.
- change_Mp_alpha.f90 - make copies of a state, e.g. make a state 3x longer using 3 copies of a travelling wave, or insert 2 copies of an m=4 state in an m=2 domain.
- These are designed for integration with any pre-existing code.
- File:Arnoldi.f - Krylov-subspace method for calculating eigenvalues of a matrix.
- File:GMRESm.f90 - Krylov-subspace method for solving the linear system Ax=b for x.
- File:NewtonHook.f90 - Newton-hookstep method for finding nonlinear solutions x for F(x)=0.